All facilities are certified to the standards of the Global Food Safety Initiative by third-party auditors with scores of A or AA. In order to achieve this, we must have written programs, and the associated records proving implementation, mainly around prevention of cross contamination from pathogens, cross-contact with allergens and exclusion of foreign material. This includes vendor approval, washing of produce, allergen labeling and control, foreign material detection, traceability and sanitation (on- shift, between allergens and post-shift), as well as many supporting programs. Additionally, all facilities produce certain products that require USDA inspection. Our foods don’t require further washing or cooking, unless stated on the label.
Articles in this section
- Why is the packages on my vegetables puffing up?
- If my proteins arrive still frozen, how do I thaw them?
- Can I freeze the ingredients?
- Should I cook certain meals first?
- Will you be adding more family meals?
- How are Terra's Kitchen family meals different from the other meals on the menu?
- I want a meal from the regular menu to serve my family, but it's not offered as a family meal. What should I do?
- How do I know how many people a recipe serves?
- What is your quality control process?
- Are all produce items washed?